NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new stringer. I've been through two this season because I bought what was locally available. I don't want the needle and thread type. I'm looking for the type with the clips but it needs to be stainless. I've seen several online but they are like 12' long???
Thanks

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Buy the 12 and make 2 6's then you have a spare..

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may do that. Thanks
I may look at the bits and pieces in the hardware store too. I think I remember seeing curtain rod clips for outdoor showers.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
The metal clip stringers have gotten too cheap in price and quality. I broke one this summer the first time I tried to clip it to my boat. I think the key may be spending more than $1.99 :confused: I found what looks like a nice nylon clip stringer at Field and Stream but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Figured it might be quieter in the kayak.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Ok, this is a rope stringer but it is not like the cheap ones....It is better than any metal stringer...Sampo makes it, the same company that makes the sampo ball bearing swivels. It is a soft rope stringer. Best one on the market. I sell them but this isn't an advertisement for them as I am out them and wont have any in for a good while. You can get see them and get them at http://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/shop/sampo-nylon-fish-stringer/

ask Nads Dad about them.... he put me on to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.