NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stand up White Perch showdown

Did some stand up yak Flyfishing at S.H. ended up with a bunch of topwater white perch...or something that looks like one...Some bream...saw two Bald Eagles....the one in the picture is a juvenile....I think....and had one awesome Sunset....pretty cool:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't seen white bass in Harris. I know there are white perch in there for sure.
Yeah they may be perch...I'm not sure...but they were busting Bait exactly like stripers....except minaturized.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stand up fishing on my Jackson BigRig is effortless....I stood for hours....it's designed to do exactly this...half yak half SUP...

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
They're perch. SH is full of them. Some of them are decent size, but they tend to over populate and stunt so I wish they weren't there. SH is in their native range, but if you check old reports they didn't seem to be there and the population has really exploded with the more recent reports. But you won't find white bass, stripers or hybrids on any of the reports.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a bunch of them...the water was literally boiling....kinda cool...There is so much bait in S.H...If I smaked the side of my yak...it seemed like 1000 ' s of shad would scatter...I've never seen anything like it.

Reactions: gambusia

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I may have to get out there sometime in the next few days to try some different paddling techniques (having elbow/shoulder issues). Trolling a grub or smallish minnow imitation when they are that active is pretty non stop action. Were you finding them on the points?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About 1/2 mile stage left from boat ramp...in the coves...in 2 to 7 FOW...or look for them going Krazy.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Thanks. I may go looking for them. After my last outing I need that sort of therapy to feel like I know what I am doing again... :eek:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My arm hurts too...pretty sure I have tendinitis....I tried palms up...did not like it.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
When you bend your arm, feel on the outside of the elbow for a small gap between the forearm bones and press there. If you levitate, you have the kind of tendinitis I get that the doc recommended palms up for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts