NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the pleasure of fishing with Dbeam today and he kindly lent me a yak to try out for the day. We paddled around down to the dam below Rhodiss and man that was somethin else. Got a little more comfortable paddlin and caught some nice yellow perch and a couple green sunnies. Missed a nice thump on a speed craw and had something nice on for a moment trollin a crankbait.

This was my first time fishing from a kayak and there was definitely something about it that was just extremely relaxing and I could see why y'all love it so much.

Probably only a matter of time before I make the plunge and get me a little plastic boat rigged up and ready to roll... Anybody in the Charlotte area that yak fishes once I get set up I'd love to go with you to learn more about what it's all about. Would eventually like to be able to troll a little for stripers in the lakes around here :D

Thanks again Darrell!! Had a blast buddy

-pics added

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
We gotta get you on the You Dubya Harry. But welcome to a new world!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
I was just getting ready to make a post myself when I saw yours. I was glad that the two of you could come out and spend the morning with me! maybe we can do some moving water soon. If you get hooked up with those Hard Core boys around Charlotte they have you all over some nice bass.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Crappie89: it is a 16 ft. Ultimate I got to play with the grandkids in. It is a good boat I will probably bring it to Bay River for the daughter and het BF to use.

Crummy: we put in about halfway between the dam and 321 birdge very close to the trestle You are welcome to use it any time anyone interested just send me a PM and I will give you directions

Darrell

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Crummy: we put in about halfway between the dam and 321 birdge very close to the trestle You are welcome to use it any time anyone interested just send me a PM and I will give you directions

Darrell
I know that area. I may take you up on the offer?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Trying for a Kayak king Mon and Tues in TI...or at least Kayak Spanish...How Cool.
p.s. I am taking the Cuda 14' ...the Big Rig seems to be almost too big for solo surf launches...it is awesome for anywhere with water calm enough to stand up in...like the Pamlico...and Bull Drumin.
Update....because of wind from storm...change of plans....
Goin fishin for Neuse river GoldFish...for two days...the chop may help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts