NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took me a year to gather resources and figure out what will work for our needs but we took the first step Sunday. Picked up a Pescador 10 and a bunch of support gear. Learned how to transport it and got it wet for a short time. A second boat will be today or so, a tandem (and more support gear, a seemingly endless list). That should get the family sufficiently on the water and get me fishing. The final configuration will probably be 4 boats but this is a good start. The kids have boat camp in a week so they'll be trained and familiar with the gear.

Watch out fish. I've been finding bigger fish from shore and now I won't have any excuse. :D Hmm, I may have to find new excuses.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Need to invite me along to really test them out properly. I am toying with a yak idea but my wife isn't gang ho on it. Key issue is getting it to and from the lake. Would like to leave it tied up but have seen nice stuff disappear at lake Lynn . Thought I had a flat bottom vcanoe however guy who had it can't find it at the lake seems like someone ran off with it

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
To be Very Honest...you better be ready...she is an awesome stand up Vessel....but after her... paddling a Cuda 14' is Like 4th grade Recess...Trust me...get a Big Rig and you can go ahead an quitt you're gym membership with no remorse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took me a year to gather resources and figure out what will work for our needs but we took the first step Sunday. Picked up a Pescador 10 and a bunch of support gear. Learned how to transport it and got it wet for a short time. A second boat will be today or so, a tandem (and more support gear, a seemingly endless list). That should get the family sufficiently on the water and get me fishing. The final configuration will probably be 4 boats but this is a good start. The kids have boat camp in a week so they'll be trained and familiar with the gear.

Watch out fish. I've been finding bigger fish from shore and now I won't have any excuse. :D Hmm, I may have to find new excuses.
Let us know what you think of the Pescador 10!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Time for an update. 2nd boat acquired, Perception Rambler 13.5. Roof rack and kayak carrier arrives later today. I have ideas for rigging a load assist so I can more easily get the big boat on the roof.

And the big moment... took the Pescador 10 out fishing today at Shearon Harris. First cast, first fish. That was easy. Then bopped along for an hour or so with nothing but a few small nibbles. Tried that same spot on the way back in and got its twin (and a pic this time). It was comfy for the time I was out, a bit small for my 36" inseam but not cramped. It will serve me well and let the kids get out too. I'm happy.
Fin Fish Fish hook Fisherman Salmon-like fish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.