NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It just depends on what blanks and guides you choose. You can get some nice blanks that are in the 30-70 range. Get with me when you are ready to order and I will help you choose a blank and guides. The kits are OK but some of them give you guides you dont need. I like Batson blanks , I use there Alps brand guides on my casting rods and heavier spinning rods. Light spinning rods I use American Tackle Microwave guides,easy to set up almost fool proof.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks All - all the rods i have made so far rage anywhere from $85-$110 in materials for me to build, factoring in shipping-ish. I have been using Mudhole but yes, they are proud of their shipping. I have found some nice MHX blanks as i an trying to find my perfect trout rod. I believe I have in a 7' Medium light blank. I also made a sweet drum popping rod. very responsive with good backbone.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oooo, nice trout! This weekend was good! caught a ton of Flounder on the Pungo (only 6 keepers though). And i almost lost it when we started catching trout! about 15 total but they were all short. I was like they are back! They are back! may shape up to be a good fall!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.