NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Eno today to take advantage of the warm weather and see if any fish were moving. I didn't get a bite for the first couple of hours, and then I hooked this monster. It was a bit sluggish and didn't put up a normal Roanoke bass fight, but it's the biggest one I've ever seen. I believe the record is 1.6lbs, and this one probably surpassed that easily, I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 2 lbs. I didn't want to kill it just to find out though, so I let it go. In the pic it's next to my size 14 boots, to give a little reference.
FWIW, the lure was a Deep Creek plastic, texas rigged, and fished extremely slow along the bottom. I caught one more decent sized specimen after that, but those were the only two bites I got.

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Its the biggest i have ever seen but i never caught one b4:eek:......i thought you was on to something but after i went to look at the record....its 2 11oz..... And i doubt that yours weighs that much........ but its still a trophy fish(11inches or 1lb) and A great catch. Congrats

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
nice fish but no record......i think world record is something less than our state record forsome reason......i have caught a 1.8 lber and a 1.75 lber..one in the eno and 1 in the nottoway but fishing creek has bigerr fish than eith of those rivers.......i woont kill one till i catch one over 2 3/4, and that problay isnt going to happen ...........guy in virginia who has caught several over 3............mack

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That is a pig Roanoke. There are quite a few big ones in there. Mack knows much more about it than I do, but I believe the world recrod is 1.6 or so. No idea why the state record isn't also the world record...although VA may have some larger??? Either way, nice work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts