NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother, his son, and grandson were driving in my older Malibu yesterday, coming back from the lake, when a car ran a red light and smashed into the front end, doing around 50mph. The car was totaled.
But by the grace of God, none of them was badly hurt. Looking at the car, it's a miracle.
The kid that hit them was arrested, and the smell of maryjane was everywhere. Just goes to show you never know.
I had to go to the impound and fetch my batteries, one had turned over, throwing acid everywhere.
Anyway, just thankful they weren't hurt badly.
Now their insurance co is gonna hear from me... Back to one car again. Just bought a brand new Nissan back in March...
. Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Thanks for sharing this and I too am thankful that the injuries were not life threatening. It's another reminder that we don't know the condition of the other drivers on the road and all we can do is to drive as defensively as we know how. I'm always disappointed to hear the results of license check points regarding the number of drivers under some type of influence. This is a bad weekend to be on the road, even more so in the beach areas such as where I live.

Safe wishes to all...

Red X Angler
so glad this didn't end up much worse. Good luck with his Insurance company, make em pay!!

Premium Member
I know the feeling. Not even a year ago I purchased a brand new 2014 F-150. I went to visit a friend from out of town and left my truck at the hotel he was staying at while we went to grab dinner. Got back and someone had slammed into the side of my new truck and left. I had just made the first payment a week before this. I paid $500 for the deductible and just made the first payment.....now that'll make you smile. Never found out who it was or anything. Police didn't really care at all and so there ya go.

Registered
A couple of years ago, someone (really think it was the paper guy) sideswiped my 10 year old car in front of the house. Called the police. Patrolman came to fill out the report. Told me when it would be ready for my insurance company. When I told him I didn't need the report because I'd dropped collision insurance on the truck, he got belligerent about me wasting his time. When he asked me why I'd called it in, told him I thought I was supposed to report a crime.
Good luck with their insurance company....

Registered
glad their ok.. good luck with insurance co. my daughter was in very same incident, the other persons at fault. please do not sign anything from other insurance co until you are satisfied, if you sign anything from their adjuster they have you, my daughters wreck happened march of 2014 still have not settled, its a shame

Registered
In school you learn all accidents come in three's. Car hits bridge, body hits car, organs hit body. I forget what it was called. It explained why people died from air bags with no visible mechanism of injury in the mid 80's. Helped a lot learning we did no harm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.