NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Yeah, I never did like that chrome trim around the bottom:)... and no trailer hitch:eek:!

Gotta say I haven't seen anything quite like that before. Give him (her?) points for originality...

The grill on that one looks like a Cadillac - not sure if that one is a collection of parts, a true Caddy or a true Caprice. Getting rusty on my ability to identify... I learned to drive on that generation of late 70s/early 80s Impalas and Caprices - that's what my parents and grandparents drove. My father-in-law considered the Caprice the "working man's Cadillac". He drove that style long after they went with the swoop and the V6... He was in competition with the Taxi companies to find the drivable ones.

I still appreciate the rare one I see on the road that (usually) some older person has kept in immaculate shape in the garage, only driving to church on Sundays.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
That'd be hard to reach the racks, to load the kayak onto the roof....

Wonder if it's got a squat switch to help with that...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Oh yeah, I see the yak rack hanging below the front bumper, now that you mention it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'd say that is pretty ridiculous!

It has a Florida tag. They don't have vehicle inspections in Florida.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
No comment...LOL In the 80's I had a Gremlin on a CJ jeep chassis with 44" gumbo mudders... I'll see if Mom still has the pics and scan them...LOL!! I promise it wasn't as "tacky". if that's possible..LOL!

I see Lefty flipping a little red switch and a sexy female voice computer saying.... "Kayak deployed Commander".....LOL!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
He's probably in tired of spending money on the car and wants to buy some new fishing stuff from the old tackle monkey.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.