NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone makes it out in the next couple of days to South Topsail, or Brown's Inlet, let me know what they look like.I know the New River is in a mess, I can promise you that. We still have a tide 4 foot plus over here right now.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I haven't been on the water yet but I did ride over to Surf City after work today. Some beach erosion and lots of seaweed ont he beach. Spoke to one commercial fisherman who had just come back in and he said it wasn't too bad - some loose grass and a few new shoals - he didn't go out the inlet though. I hope to go out Saturday.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sneads Ferry is okay. A couple of boats sank, some piers got torn up, that kind of thing. A friend of mine fished the backgate this morning and caught 2 keeper flounder, and 1 nice trout. He said the water was very muddy. So maybe the fishing didn't get messed up too bad. I'm sure the inlet is shifted around again. This inlet is a guessing game most of the time anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.