NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been getting some pretty nasty rain here in Havelock the last couple days. I'm curious to see how everyone thinks that is going to effect the fishing this weekend. I have been daydreaming about fishing all week while at work so I am still going all weekend. I have read posts about how it is unproductive to fish the day after a storm.
Just wanted to see if y'all believe that to be true. If so, could you explain why? Planning on fishing the Lower Nuese and potentially Newport. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Only way to find out is to go fishing. I am no expert, but others have said with lots of rain the salinity of the water goes down, which may cause some fish to move to more desirable water or shut down the bite. But NE winds are forecast for today and most of the weekend, which usually turns the fish on and pushes more salt into the Neuse.

So creeks might be muddy and low salinity, but the mouths of creeks and main rivers should have plenty of water depth and salty water. Look for bait activity and try multiple areas, something is biting somewhere.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Im planning on going fishing regardless. I'm new to inshore fishing (Originally from Denver). So Im trying to figure out and learn what to expect with different factors I.E. weather, times of year etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.