NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious to if anyone on here has had much luck using this lure? I believe they have it in redeye now as well. I had been looking for two weeks for it, can't find in person. I finally purchased a couple off of BPS (some were on backorder). I noticed folks are jacking the price up on ebay and other sites. Is this just one of those phazes and gemics? I have watched KVD use them on bassmasters, but didn't know if he just matched the shad at that one or two tournaments. Is there a color crank bait you consider your go to and must have?

Be Blessed, Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just curious to if anyone on here has had much luck using this lure? I believe they have it in redeye now as well. I had been looking for two weeks for it, can't find in person. I finally purchased a couple off of BPS (some were on backorder). I noticed folks are jacking the price up on ebay and other sites. Is this just one of those phazes and gemics? I have watched KVD use them on bassmasters, but didn't know if he just matched the shad at that one or two tournaments. Is there a color crank bait you consider your go to and must have?

Be Blessed, Mike
I forgot to mention that I use the Red Eye Sexy Shad last weekend and had great success. I used the rattler.

Lost two of them, went online and ordered another two. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods and they had a huge supply today. This is in Winston-Salem, NC

Be Blessed, Mike

·
Registered
941 Posts
Been looking for them myself. From what I hear,Yes they care very good baits to the point custom crank painters are imitating them to a tee. I am a member of another site and all of them use it. Have never use one myself just what people tell me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys Sexy Shad is a good color pattern.. Its been requested alot this year by alot of anglers for me to copy and paint on their crankbaits.. alot of custom painter..heck even Strike King themselves arent actually painting the correct pattern KVD use.. The real Sexy Shad has a BLUE SILVER TOP... Purple Voliet Shoulder.. with a Yellow and Purple Latteral Line.. Yellow Throat and hint of Orange on the belly.. That is the exact match...

Strike King cant paint all that with their machines.. but that is the color of the bait KVD has when he is fishing it. But personally.. Its just a good clear water color and has been around for sometime.. Lucky Craft actually came up with the color pattern first!! just didnt get much fame until KVD won.. Dont get me wrong it will catch fish in Muddy stained water.. but in general you will do better with that color in GIN Clear water.. Most of it however is really in your head.

Its all a confidence thing. If a bass is hungry he will hit a lure without paint on it..

Later Guys
Tater Hog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.