NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to go striper fishing at Jordan Lake 20 minutes West of Raleigh, NC and to learn how to fish for striper at Jordan. I would love to hear tips on when and how to fish for striper in lakes like Jordan and Kerr in NC
Dan at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Great question Dan. I've never striper fished at Jordan either, but live less than 30 minutes away. What time of year are the striper hot? What do you use for bait? Depth of water? Any tips are most appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey friend

i'm not much of a striper fisherman, but i day last summer my cousin & i went down 15-501 from durham to jordan to some spot where you pull off the road & walk thru woods & anyway, we had crawlers & some shrimp i brought back from the coast. i was fishing for cats, and caught 4!!! stripers just on sliding weighted bottom rigs baited with shrimp & crawlers. i am 40 yo & this was my best day of fishing ever!
we caught perch, bream, cats, but 4 stripers just came from out of nowhere! BEAUTIFUL Fish!! & they made 3 delicious meals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hybrids have always been highly sought after on the riprap on jordan but make sure you wear calf high boots!!!!! or Mr. NoShoulders will be upon your ankles!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Malvrich. Welcome to the site. Great story on the stripers. I usually head east for the coast when I have a day to fish, but I'm going to have to try Jorday one of these days. I discovered that there is a Striper fishing group at Jordan. I added a link to their website in our Links directory if you're interested. Tight lines!

malvrich said:
hey friend

i'm not much of a striper fisherman, but i day last summer my cousin & i went down 15-501 from durham to jordan to some spot where you pull off the road & walk thru woods & anyway, we had crawlers & some shrimp i brought back from the coast. i was fishing for cats, and caught 4!!! stripers just on sliding weighted bottom rigs baited with shrimp & crawlers. i am 40 yo & this was my best day of fishing ever!
we caught perch, bream, cats, but 4 stripers just came from out of nowhere! BEAUTIFUL Fish!! & they made 3 delicious meals.
:cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey guys,
i do alot of striper fishing at kerr when it is blowing to hard to get out in the ocean...the striper bite at kerr is on right now but it is mostly slow trolling live bait caught at the nutbush bridge or wherever you can find it. the bite really heats up in late june and july at kerr if you like to troll artificial baits like bucktails. i was at kerr a couple of days this week and one guy was trolling umbrella rigs,, he caught his limit in 3 hours...so if you can find a school you can catch them now. soon they will make a run upriver to spawn, but they start back down in may.

i have very little experiance at jordon so i'll leave that one alone.

if your ever at kerr,,,i am on vhf channel 68 and go by "gator man" as my handle.. give me shout ////// if i'm on them, i'll tell ya.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts