NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Good luck with them tomorrow. Look forward to your report. I hope to get over to the haw river and put the canoe in and look for some in the near future. I have no clue what Im doing though with the stripers. I just know they like to try to get up river in the spring. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the jordan lake sriper club had there 1st tourney this past weekend and they caught some nice fish so i figured its about time for them to start back up and as everyone know how pretty tomorrow is going to be well i just couldnt pass this up. i just hope to catch some fish tomorrow .when i looked at the lake data its up 3 ft above normal.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Go get um!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the day went like this. i put onto the water this morning around 7:15. and i will let everyone know i was by myself.anyway started out from the boat ramp and went across the lake to the big white ball. slowed down to about 5 mph. and started looking for some fish around the bank. then i headed towards parkers creek and at the mouth of parkers i started to get some good marks on the fish finder. so i dropped all the lines in the water and strted trolling down the bank. most of the fish i marked today were from 18 to 30 ft down. almost all the time the fih are that deep they really dont seem to want to bite. but i did manage to catch 1 fish this morning and then i came off the water around 11 this morning. only 1 more fish was caught today by frog man. the one i caught was 6.5 lbs. no monster but still a good fish. i turned him back loose to be caught another day.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well you guys wont supposed to see that little thing in the pic. but for the record that is what i caught him on. and by the way they have always been eating yellow stuff but only when the water is muddy.

hey fishy i have done some live bait fishing but love to troll alot more that way i can cover alot more ground.i caught this fish trolling and the other fish was caught on live bait.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.