NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Striper fishing here has been great lately. Limits are usually caught within the first hour of fishing once you FIND the fish. It's amazing how much they can move over night. Most of our time on the water is locating them, then the fun starts. You can catch them trolling, jigging, or casting. Its just that easy. Come on & go. It will be the most fun you've had with your clothes on.

Thanks, Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Capt. Ray,
What are they catching them on? I know you said trolling, jigging, or casting, but are they using eels, bucktails, large sassy shad, what? I might get down there Saturday. I was out at Corolla 3 weeks ago and they were lined up along the end of HWY 12. I didn't see any being caught, but I was only there for a short time. Any advice would be great.

Thank You,
Gary

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHat you use depends on the depth of the fish & if you in a school or if there are only a few around. When I'm in a few single fish, I'll troll a double bucktail ww back,3& 5oz in the middle , then on one side maybe a white umberlla rig with a 6 oz parachute in the middle ,up next to the boat, a white daisy chain with a 32oz mojo on the end. The other side a chartreuse double bucktail with a 4oz bucktail & maybe a floater bucktail. At the back , a chartreuse daisy chain with a 24oz mojo. Some days they prefer only one color. Troll until you can mark large schools then pull you rigs in & start jigging 3-4oz bucktail if they're deep or cast Storms or Berkley swimming shads if shallow. You can also try trolling Stretch 25-30 or any swimming baits. There's no wrong bait to try. When they are biting, its doesn't matter what you use. When they get lock jaw,the same thing applies.

Good luck, Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.