NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Rudee inlet yesterday, 01/18. Had to run 10 miles north found the fish off of Cape Henry light. The fish would blow up we'd nail a couple then it would stop just as suddenly as it started. So that ended up being the game plan of the day. Running half mile here, there, chasing the bird activity and banging up the knees and kidneys in 4-5 footers in a 23' center console. Perseverance paid off however. We caught and released 37 rockfish weighing 18-30 pounds. Kept our limit of 6 including my personal best to date of 42 pounds on 15 lb test. I'll try to get the picture posted.

yellowsub.
:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished out of Rudee inlet yesterday, 01/18. Had to run 10 miles north found the fish off of Cape Henry light. The fish would blow up we'd nail a couple then it would stop just as suddenly as it started. So that ended up being the game plan of the day. Running half mile here, there, chasing the bird activity and banging up the knees and kidneys in 4-5 footers in a 23' center console. Perseverance paid off however. We caught and released 37 rockfish weighing 18-30 pounds. Kept our limit of 6 including my personal best to date of 42 pounds on 15 lb test. I'll try to get the picture posted.

yellowsub.
:D
Picture posted ok. Can't wait to eat!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.