NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time no talk but have a bouncing (now 5 months) baby boy, and a 3 yr-old lass that keeps everyone busy :D. Striper on the Lower starts on March 1st and the Upper on March 15th. I hope to be able to go to somewhere around Plymouth at the beginning of the season and to Weldon when they reach the Dam. So please let us know:eek: if you hear of Striper in those areas. If I catch some I will surely let you know all the details about bait, technique, location :rolleyes:, what type of nabs I ate, if there were bananas on the boat, what direction my hat was turned, and the color of my socks.

Tight lines for everyone

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Can't wait!! Been fishing on Jordan a few times this winter (1st year trying this and loved it), but can't wait to get back to the Roanoke. Caught some shad (threadfin and gizzard) the past couple weeks and froze them to try as "cut bait" to see how that works. Don't have a bait tank that'll keep 'em alive from Greensboro to the river so was going to try this and see how it works. We usually use bass minnows and catch several a day, but not near as many as people catch with live shad. Anyone do this or know of anyone that has tried it? Just curious if I'm wasting my time running to the lake. Gotta friend in Raliegh that will start around Weldon as soon as they get up there, so if I hear of anything getting caught I'll post it (and then head up there:))
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes sir wont be long at all things should start heating up @jordan in the next few weeks giving the weather will cooperate. Cant wait to see those fish start moving up into their normal feeding zone around 10 to 15 ft. As march turns into april they will really begin to start feeding,fattening up for thier lil river run. Usually around april they will be located around the west bank,eagle cove,and parkers creek. These are usually the best places to find them course we all know how unpredictible stripers can be. I usually troll 3/8 to 1/2 oz bucktails red head w/ white skirt and white trailer seems to work well around this time. The fish have been known to lay in shallow water around 16 to 17 ft deep and alot of them will be laying up on points wont find many schools but you will find small bunches of fish waiting to ambush prey. Come on warm weather lets get here!!!!!!!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.