NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
This past weekend was dead at Cape Lookout. There were fish proir to that there and there is plenty of bait.....it should start to happen there again soon.

There has been some school size fish in the Neuse near New Bern.
Capt Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Randy,

Nice website. I was going to go Striper fishing this weekend at OI, but looks like the wind is going to be up. So, weather permitting, I am going to try next weekend.

My brother fished last week and they did really good on Thursday and Saturday. They caught most of their fish north of the inlet, but stripers are always moving. They caught 20+ fish on each day in the 20 to 30 pound range.

I can't wait to get down there. I'll post some pictures if I get some stripers.

Bob at Cooper

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to head down to Cape this past weekend but the wind blew so I stayed home again :( Hope to get out this weekend let me know if your going to make it down and we may be able to arrange something. I know we always try this but eventualy the weather should be right.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Duke. I doubt I can get down this weekend and with my luck the weather will turn by next! If something breaks though I definitely will call! My boat is in storage. I sure would love to hook up with a big striper. As you said eventually the weather will be right and I'll be down at the same time! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cold, wind, and rain greeted us again this weekend so I stayed at home hence no stripers :(. Do you think the increase of fossil fuel emissions during the week due to work commutes can alter our weather pattern? Could this be the cause of why the weekend weather always stinks? Fuel for thought pardon the pun ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts