NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! does anyone have any information on striper fishing in Badin? Years ago we used to go in the winter and catch em up.. i heard there was a fish kill a while back and they may not have came back? Any info would be great. i am not asking for spots, i know the lake, just curious if they are still in there as i have not fished it in some time. thanks in advance

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was out last wed and didn't see any surface action from stripers. I did see alot of bluecats. They should of been inthe area, tones of bait and the water was at 65*. I did hear some big fish busting the surface at night but I'm betting it was blues.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, but there anin't fun in that. I use to be a **** of a striper fisherman years ago. I love throwing topwater lures and using live herring on freelines. I just don;'t see the fun in trolling. I miss the days when you could go out and get 20lbers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tomahawk thats is the most fun way to catch em thats for sure...you wont catch much size at badin but 2-5 lbers are common we never troll for em' free line shad and straight line em'...place for size and numbers this time of yr is on good ole high rock esp with the water down...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.