NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Are the stripers still biting Downtown Willmington? I had heard they were earlier but havent heard lately. Was wondering if any one knew the area and could give some pointers to where to start looking in that area. I would be putting in at Snows Cut at the wildlife ramp. We are going down Friday and try some off shore reefs, but if the waters too rough we would like to try stripers some where there abouts.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I think they might be running late because of the crazy weather.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Thanks TA I was just hoping the hawgs were still coming..LOL!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We trying going off shore this morning but the water was just too rough. So we came back in and fished Snows cut for awhile, but no biyes there. Evait shop , everybody we talked to at the bait shop, the ramp and even the gas station told us the trout and strippers were biting like crazy back up in the Burnswick River just out from the ramp on 133. So we went back that way an put in. Well the bouts were lined up just like we were told but know body was catching anything. I think the front that went through shut the bite off. Oh well it was still better than working today.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I talked to a DMF officer today. He said the bite was real hot on Saturday on the River. In fact he wrote 7 citations to boats for having too many fish on board, mainly specks. But he saw some stripers in ice chests too. I was hoping to go tomorrow but I think the cold snap may have shut them off again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think they might be running late because of the crazy weather.
The striper activity has not been as expected. The Oregon Inlet boats are runing 50 + miles North.

There were small ones caught in the northeast cape fear river at the train trestle a few weeks ago. Rattle traps seem to be a good choice there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.