NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and I headed out to williamston early monday morn, only to learn there was no herring to be had on the way...Oh well, i had caught 3 nice shad the day before and had them on ice just in case. We also formulated a plan to toss some soft plastics at em to in a few various places I know of.. Anyways, got on water about 8am, got to spot number 1 and first cast, with a small piece of shad, FISH ON! next cast the same, i knew right then was gonna be a great day! We ended up wearing them out, stopped counting at 60 but we estimated probably 80 or so were caught and released by the time we left (except our 4 20-21 inchers of course:D) We were both WORE OUT, and it was getting hot so we left bout 3pm. We had had enough. Also, had a snake come about 2ft from me while i was tryin to get some shade:eek:, and i dont like snakes! Anyways, here are a few pics

Fisherman Window Outdoor recreation Fish Fishing
Fish Outdoor furniture Fish products Ray-finned fish Food
Window Plant Outdoor recreation Fish Fisherman
Water Hat Vertebrate Fedora Sun hat
Wood Grey Bird Fish Hand tool
--one of our 7 doubles

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice job. Did you notice any logging as you went towards Devils gut, on your right side? Also, what soft plastics were you using? I will be there Saturday, and then camping down there next week Thursday through Sunday. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
didnt notice any logging hardy..... and yeah, i've only used shad for bait a few times, but it has always ended up working.. Its like this really, if they're hungry and in there thick, i think they'll bite pretty much anything so long as its not over a day old

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.