Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer Sub Station II.

Any other good sub chains out there?

I've tried Lennys and Subway.

Not so hot in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I am a big fan of Fire house! Awesome Steamer! OF the two, though, I would go with Sub Station II

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Subway is one of the largest chains in the world; there are 3 within a couple of miles of my house. We get subs from them every now and then, because it is convenient, not too pricey and they are consistently pretty good. I like Quiznos best, but I do like toasted subs with hot (temp and spice) meat which seems to be their specialty. I like Jersey Mike's but their hot subs tend to get soggy before you finish them; need to leave that back corner in the wrapper. Jimmy John's is good if you just want a cold sub.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Aggie's isn't bad, but the other mentioned are better. Kinston only has Subway, and Aggie's and some of the pizza businesses have them. Don't have the upper "crust" sub shops.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
I do like my subs hot....

Quizno's is my favorite of the chains.

But #2.... Especially for the price.... is Sheetz. They have $4 foot longs made to order with whatever you want on them, they will toast them. For $4, the Deli sub is an incredible bargain, especially on a pretzel roll.

I need to try Firehouse.... I've heard good things about them, but there aren't any near me that I know of.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Ya'll need to move to Jacksonville. We have a Quizno's, two Jimmy John's, Firehouse, Sub Station II, Jersey Mike's, and Subsational. Not including 4 or 5 Subways and a bunch of Pizza places that make subs

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I know its not a chain and I hate to get off topic. However Brunch box in Morrisville is really good as well as NY Deli in AB.

I am definitely partial to J Mikes as well though. Penn station is good too.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
There's two in Winston Salem Len.
Thanks.... I haven't made an attempt to find them, but if I come across one when hungry, I'll definitely try. Both are within 10 miles of my apartment... But in high traffic areas (shopping malls) that I tend to avoid.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Ya'll need to move to Jacksonville. We have a Quizno's, two Jimmy John's, Firehouse, Sub Station II, Jersey Mike's, and Subsational. Not including 4 or 5 Subways and a bunch of Pizza places that make subs
It's going to take a WHOLE lot more than that to get me to move any closer to Jacksonville than I already am. I go AROUND Jacksonville only setting foot in town if absolutely necessary.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts