NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
My thoughts:
Common at falls = yes.
Usually hit hard baits = no.

I caught one 10 years ago in a river on a crawdad crankbait, but haven't run across one since. I think they're opportunistic feeders, mostly vegetation/algae/scum/whatever - not predatory hunters. My guess would be that you snagged him with high-precision casting and bait control or you were fishing really slowly (and he was really hungry).

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
suckers have cat fish like barbles carp don't. snagged on once in the tail race of badin. that was the most fun 20 mintues in fast currant you can have..

zooker

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you want to target them you can catch them on corn, McDonalds french fries, and white bread. If you use corn you can chum the area you are fishing for a few days before you fish and then just cast to the area you were chumming when you fish. Use really small hooks that will hold about 3 corn kernels and then cast out and wait. Certain places they can weigh over 50lbs. Carp fishing is growing in popularity and there are actually 6 or 7 major tournaments scheduled for 2008.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.