NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and relatively new to the area (I've been here for only a year, bass fishing here since early spring) and I'm looking for a few good bank fishing spots.

My friends and I had a perfect pond on the border of Apex & Raleigh, but apparently it's a state research pond, says the sheriff that got our names. We asked one of the neighbors if we could fish there, but we only received oral permission (not written). Since no longer fish our honey hole, we've been trying all sorts of new areas.

Lately I've been fishing Umstead (once or twice a day for the past week and a half), but the bass seem to be going into deeper water as the water's getting warmer. I canoed out there yesterday and caught 7 small largemouths that were disappointing in size to the few I caught while bank fishing in the past week (a couple 3lbers and a 4 1/2 lber).

If any of y'all live near the Triangle, preferably closer to Cary/Apex/Raleigh and know of any hidden gems (farm ponds, or anything), please get back to me as I'm looking to broaden my horizons. If the ponds are a little bit of a secret, feel free to PM me and I would be glad to ask the landowners for permission. I don't have a boat, so areas like Lake Jordan are nearly out of the picture... not to mention, I don't really agree with the whole pay-to-fish concept, especially if I'm bank fishing.

Thanks,
Eli

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I live in cary near apex. Lake pine in apex has some big bass if you dont mind paying the fee per year its like $40.

Edit just read the part about paying, try johnson, or if near to cary bond lake.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fished a private "lake" (more like a pond) in Carrboro today... I asked the owner for permission and she certainly didn't mind me fishing as long as I didn't use live bait (i.e. minnows).

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Umstead has some nice bass in it. Lake Lynn is hit or miss. I used to fish there ALOT, but it is so overfished and people take way to much out of lynn, that there arent any good bass in there hardly anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts