NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
There are a few places on the island to put your yak in, but been so long for me I've forgotten what you'd need to know to get to them. You would not be far from Shell Rock Landing on the ICW. Would have to go back through Swansboro to get there. Lots of good fishing across from Shell Rock.
Hopefully others who know the areas closer to you will come on and give you some info.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
There is a put in right to the south of the bridge but it's a bit of a hike to get from parking to the water. All around that area surrounding the bridge on the EI side should hold flounder and drum. Swansboro has Shell rock landing from town headed west make a left before the food lion and its a few miles down, before shell rock is also queens creek, and there is also a boat ramp on 24 before dudleys coming from EI. Good luck lots of areas to fish and a lot of water to cover.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
use this launch map: http://kayakfishingnc.com/launch-map/

search the archives -- this topic comes up repeatedly (not scolding you, just assuring you that you'll find a lot of info and detail about launches [and fishing] around the area).

short version: most convenient, launch from Cedar St park and paddle to marshes around the bridge. *Sometimes* there are a lot of reds there. If you have a cart, maybe roll it down the long boardwalk at Emerald Isle Woods off Coast Guard Rd -- great marsh right there in front of that park area. Or Hammocks Beach State Park and paddle/fish behind Bear Island. Or park/launch at Queens Creek bridge (I'm not sure of current parking rules there). Or Shell Rock Landing and follow kayak/canoe trail behind Bear Island. Or Bear Creek marsh (Willis Landing -- be sure to review parking restrictions there). etc. etc.

If you're interesting in driving to MHC/Beaufort, there are lots of great fishing and launch spots there (on that launch map).

FYI -- joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.