NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rabbit and I teamed up for round 2 Sunday morning. Water temp at daybreak was 48 degrees and again the boat ride was a cold one. Went to the first stop and couldn't buy a bite. Kept switching up and just couldn't wake'em up. We moved out of the creek into the open river and Rabbit hooks up on a nice keeper. A little later and he does it again. I luck up with a good fish and then Rabbit picks up 2 more. By now I have figured out my role for today, NET MAN! Yep and I was the busiest net man on the river today. Rabbit had pulled out the secret weapon and was doing some work on the bottom. The trout jumped all over it!

Later in the day the sun came out for a little while and the fish came off the bottom and things picked up for me and the Halo shad but Rabbit was way too far ahead of me to catch up. He had the majic lure today and I WILL own one soon. I'm not going to give away Rabbit's secret weapon but I can tell you it is the ticket for cold deep water trout.
We ended up with 18 nice ones and brought home a few for the grease.

Hot Hand Rabbit
Wood Automotive tire Flooring Baseball cap Road surface

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I could Curtis, no doubt in my mind at all. But it would just take the fun out of it. You know what I mean.:)

Ok Curtis, I know you are a Monday man, so give us a report for today.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i know i could curtis, no doubt in my mind at all. But it would just take the fun out of it. You know what i mean.:)

ok curtis, i know you are a monday man, so give us a report for today.
didn't go , heard there is no reason to go because 2 fishermen from sampson county had caught them all on a secret deep diving bait !!!! Just have to wait for tha rock fish !!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh no Curtis we never left the circle at Newton Grove.:p Truth is you boys from Rocky Mount are about to put the trout into extinction so you are backing off to save some seed for next year. That's the Paul Harvey truth to the story!

I'm looking forward to some rock fish myself, but I sure hope the trout bite lasts a few more weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.