NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a fun day fishing for Crappie at the hwy 50 boat launch area. Little windy at times and cold early but the fish didnt care. They were feeding up for the spawn. Most all fish caught were nice size. Only a few 8 inchers. Many male fish in the group with one who barely had a tail left to show for his work I guess but he was the only one showing this worn out tail feature. I dont have a clue how crappie prepare their beds but it would seem they use their tail. Anyway I must have caught 50 or more through the day and am on the way to having my freezer restocked. I generally use a jig w/blacktube with chart tail but tried everything and nothing seemed to be better than anything else. They would hit anything you threw if you put it in their face, That meant putting it down 12 foot or better and detecting the lite bite most of the time. Late in the afternoon the fish became more aggressive on the bite and actually pulled the float under briskly. Anyway it time for them to start showing up in the shallow water where everyone can join the party for a few weeks. Happy fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.