NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was trout/ rock fishing in a creek off the pamlico. It was muddy and the water was really low. I saw one swirl, no bites at all. I caught some really nice trout there 4 weeks ago and a few small rock. Nothing today.

I saw one floating trout, a nice one. Is the fish kill reporting still going on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also fished a creek of the Pamlico the water was real muddy but a warm 46 degrees!! We managed to bring home 3 rock ranging from 18" to 22". My five year old son was fishing with a pink spoon left tied on from shad fishing and on his first cast caught the 22 incher right by himself. Needless to say that I immediately tied on a pink spoon!!! We caught a few small rock and 6 or seven gar. It was a beautiful day to be back on the boat! Food Vertebrate Fish Fish products Cuisine
Food Vertebrate Fish Fish products Cuisine

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I don't understand how people catch gar on artificials. I can fish all around where they are splashing the top and they won't touch it. Not that I care to catch them but as many as I see you would think I would. They are also very hard to hook unless they swallow it. Nice job on the striper anyway.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I've heard it before and I believe it applies especially in the winter that where you find gar bunched up you will often find game fish near by. I was fishing a creek less than a week ago and the gar were splashing like crazy on one side of the creek and I was reeling up crappie on the other like 15 yards away.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Also managed a handful of reds (3 slot, 1 short) and 1 keeper black drum on shrimp Sunday afternoon in the lower Cape Fear. More boats out than I would have expected. It was a tad breezy.

Throwing jigs/Mirrolures for trout produced 0 bites.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.