NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set out to take the kayak over to Beaverdam this afternoon, feeling like my computer vs fishing time balance was way off and thinking the storms had passed. Made a quick check of the radar and saw that this plan was horribly doomed. Switched up & drove down to the Neuse below Falls Dam. Thought I'd try to rock hop out to d-el's rock & harass some crappies. Spent the first 30 mins in the truck at the canoe launch waiting out a deluge. Got out when it let up, but it didn't let up for long - was drenched before I made the first cast. River was running a little too strong & cold to get out into the middle so I wound up fishing this little spot on the southernmost fork (see if this google my maps stuff works):

Upper Neuse 4/16

Nice enough little hole where that fork takes a hard swing to the left and the water is a bit calm, but not a fish to be had in about an hour of casting beetle spins & road runners. Saw one guy about 50 yds upstream pull in a small cat.

Tip1: trees aren't leafed out enough yet to shed much rain. (getting better every day)

Tip2: the walk along the shoreline upstream from the canoe launch is a poison ivy breeding ground. (getting worse every day)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.