NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sunfish sailboat hull that the top has been cut out for a duck boat. There is a hole in the bottom from a tree limb that fell on it and where the factory tub drain was that will need to be fixed. If someone has the time it would be a cool project and best of all it is FREE! I have pics on my phone and will be glad to text them to anyone.
I can be reached at 919-730-4488

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I got your pictures; I don't think I want to take on the project. A little too far removed from being a sailboat. Wasn't sure what you meant by removing the top; you meant pretty much gutted. Posting pics so others know what it is. I expect it would clean up pretty well and just needs a couple of patches to be a floating hull.

EDIT - I could donate a couple of patches of cloth and a little pox to someone; that's all it needs to float. It needs a lot more to be sailable again.

Brown Wood Bedrock Insect Terrestrial animal
Wood Rectangle Funeral Composite material Bumper
Eye Insect Tree Wood Snout
Wood Road surface Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Asphalt

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
those make good little sneak boats I have seen several converted.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
That would be overkill for me; I have my little plastic yak and will have my glass SOT done by summer. I would rather sneak in it. I was hoping maybe more guts were left and it could be converted back easy. Not so much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.