NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down for a batchelor party this weekend...pulling my 18 ft cc tracker down...I'm fairly new to inshore fishing, and I think I have the basics for trout, reds, and flounder in: 1/8oz 1/4oz jig heads various colors and styles, gulp shrimp and swimming mullet, saltwater assassin paddle tails and split tails, all kinds of mirror lures, zara spooks, johnson weedless spoons, popping corks, and redfish magic spinnerbaits...(someone please chime in is I'm missing anything essential)...I have an idea of where we are going to fish this weekend primarily around Bonaparte creek...Anyone know how the bite has been down that way? I appreciate any help...thanks again...tight lines everyone

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been here all week and it is SLOW! Live bait on Carolina rigs fished deep and slow on the rising tide at creek mouths is about all that works. Yesterday we managed 2 reds, a couple of flounder and one trout - all shorts but a banner day! Plenty of bait in the creeks. Get a rig kit, casting net and two bait buckets at WMT and leave the arsenal at home - it ain't sexy but it catches fish when nothing else will. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to fish that area a lot but have moved away here is my advice for you the first spot is here 33.51.5816n 78.34.1330w it is a drain into the main intercoastal fish the bank north of the drain and the drain from 1 hour before high tide to 2 hours after flounder trout and reds are all present. at about 2 hours into the falling tide move across the channel there is a smaller drain there fish that and the bank south of it flounder and trout will be there. then move into dunn sound 33.51.3562n 78.34.4647w this is a t in the sound park at t and fish the whole area sometimes the fish will be under the dock or on the bank next to it other times they are holding on the point across from it. trout and reds. I usually fish swimming mullett and mirrorlures with one or 2 rods dead sticked with live bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.