NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a member of the Topsail Offshore Fishing Club and every year we provide volunteers to take kids from the Surf City Recreation department's Summer Program fishing. Many of them are going for the first time, a few are "old" salts but all have a good time!

We provide everything they need: rod & reel, tackle, bait, help learning to use the gear, baiting hooks, taking off fish, and encouragement! We volunteers have fun too, nothing like seeing a dozen kids get excited about fishing!

This year "Rods for REEL Change" (an NCAngler program) provided all the rods & reels which the kids get to keep and take home. We thank all of you that donated equipment to this program, your generosity help create the smiles in the above picture! If you wish to donate to Rods for REEL Change, contact myself or Randy (NCANgler).

Our fishing club provided the tackle and JG Seafood provided the bait. We took them to the fishing pier at Soundside Park.

All the kids had fun., most caught some pinfish and pigfish but one fella actually caught a small flounder!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Can I donate some money for the cause? Sounds like a good thing.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I donate some money for the cause? Sounds like a good thing.
Purchase a gift card to a tackle shop (like Bass Pro, Dicks's Sporting goods or Calbelas) and PM me, I'll give you an address to send it to. Thanks for your interest in supporting this worthy cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts