NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the surf this afternoon, but not much luck. The conditions were not what I like, but I knew that going in. The wind was howling, and the surf was very muddy.Can't give you an exact location, but I was in sight of Surf City Pier. I put two rods out with 4/0 mustad circle hooks,with chunks of fresh mullet. When I say chunks, I mean steaks off of a 16-17 in popeye mullet. I fished one rod with a spot rig and fresh shrimp. I caught one blue and one spot in three hours. If you are going after spots, I would hit one of the piers. Now for my other two rods, the real reason I was there, I landed two reds both over the slot. The fish were long, but they were poor. 29-30 inch fish, probably didn't go 8-10 lbs. They both looked to be starving! I would have posted a couple of pics, but loaded some on the site yesterday, and forgot to put the camera back in my tackle box.:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.