NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks-

left Knightdale at 5 am yesterday and headed to Surf City for some surf fishing. Got some fresh shrimp and off I went. Things started off pretty well considering it was low tide ( 8 am ) and I caught 8-10 nice pompano fairly quick. Then they hit the skids. I caught 2 sea mullet- med size- then nothing. An hour later I caught a double ( black drum ) 1 pound and 2 1/2 pounds. A while later I caught a small puppy drum and then 4 flounder ( 3 short ones ). After that- it was 11: 55 am and the tide was coming in nice. I fished until 4:30 without another bite. Headed up and came home. I didn't load up but had a great time and great weather as well. Tight lines everyone !

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Great report! Sounds like you had a decent trip.

We were in one of the boats you could see from shore. We could see a lot of folks out surf fishing. Sounds like the best bite in the surf was the same as it was for king macs yesterday - first hour of daylight, which corrosponded to the major bite time period for yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.