NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Search the site and you'll find tons of info....I'll post a link if I can find it of almost the identical question from my beach trip last year

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Depends, are you fishing for bottom fish? Puppy drum and flounder? Bull reds and sharks? Are you gonna use it a lot or just a few times a year? Budget? Need more info

·
Registered
49 Posts
7 or 8 foot medium action rod, 4000 series spinning reel, 2 hook bottom rig without any beads and spinners and other crap with number 2 long shank hooks a 1, 2, or 3 once weight (if 3 ounces won't hold just go watch TV) and the freshest shrimp at the seafood market. By definition "bait shrimp" is already rotten. If I won't eat it why would a fish? If you have a minnow trap or a cast net and a minnow bucket a carolina rig with live mud minnows or finger mullet. You need 2 surf spikes, one to hold your rod at the surf, the other at the bait cooler. folding chair, cold beer. Good luck. You can start with this setup and go more complicated from there until all your time and money is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts