NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its prob still to early but has anyone attempted Surf Fishing or anything close to it already this year? Ill be down at the end of March to do some Surf Fishing on Emerald Isle and cant wait.

·
Read Only
586 Posts
He won't tell you where and probably for a good reason. Look at what he's using in the upper right hand corner. From the reports about surf reds I've seen, it seems a white soft plastic shows up in all of em. I'd bring a pair of polarized glasses with you. Also waders....good luck....post your fish if you get em

·
Red X Angler
2,484 Posts
Also understand we do not get the schools like down around topsail, we do get schools in front of bear island south but to my knowledge and experience not in the EI area. Now up at Fort Macon at the jetty you might get some here and there. But In EI dogfish and skated and maybe a trout or drum, but not schools of em...

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
This is not the bait and wait and drink beer surf fishing. This is educated guesses at where the fish are holding and then covering miles searching after that. Calm day, wind off the beach, light surf, good polarized sunglasses and chest waders. You gotta know what your doing to catch reds off the beach in the winter and i'm not one of the guys that does so leave it to ICM to post pics of surf winter reds quite regularly, makin it look easy.:cool: Correct me if i'm wrong but that's the way I see it. If I lived close to the beach and could pick and choose my days according to conditions I would definitely try it.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
where did you catch that red at.. very nice by the way. I have never caught a red most people say use cut bait but i would have no idea on how far out or what to use for them.
What I do is no secret. No secret honey hole, just don't post locations in an open forum.
Keeps the netters from wrapping them all up.
PM sent ..... Good luck ......... ICM

View attachment 69110

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that I wont be able to get waiters to fish for reds out in the middle so im honestly going to surf fish like I normally would with 2 rods and 2 pvc rod holders. Ill get some shrimp and pray that its warm enough that something hits late in March. If not then being there was still worth it. thankyou guys for all the info. If any of you surf fish toward March and start to come up with something let me know. Im going to try Bogue Inlet Pier also while im there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Ice Cream Man, I didn't think about the obvious point you are making regarding publicly sharing specific locations... I better understand your intent and thoroughly agree, it breaks my heart to see the statistics on the waste and distruction of our marine resources regardless of the reason.

Foursum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.