NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I don't have any experience, but I've heard it said that it's always worth fishing the NC surf -- especially the Hatteras area.

Of course, a bad day fishing is better than a good day, um, being bored.

Where are you thinking about going? I'd love to get out sometime this week as well -- if I can just get all my other obligations squared away...

Kevin

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Gunner if you are thinking the Outer Banks - now is the time when the Striper Fishing (Rock Fish) really starts to heat up. They are still catching Reds and trout in the surf down my way (Topsail/Wrightsville). I just caught some Reds today off the jetties at Wrightsville Beach (I was on my boat but you can fish the jetties without one). The only kinker is the weather can change fast and get nasty. Right now they are calling for good weather inshore all week except Christmas Day itself.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
There are still some fish out there but don't expect a lot. Puppy drum, trout, flounder and black drum are all good possibilities. If you are in the southern 1/2 of the state that is. Stripers will be a possibility soon....Maybe! Night fishing might be a little more productive if you can handle the cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.