NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making our annual trip to EI next week and just seeing how the surf fishing is, what's running, and what they're biting on. Have had luck with shrimp and sand crabs in the past. Also have done ok on bluefish floats. Any info appreciated

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Not sure how good you are about reading surf, but there is a thread on here that is really good on it. It goes into a lot of detail with lots of photos and diagrams. Thee are others on here that could give you better ideas on what will be running.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Fished all last week in EI. Surf was pretty slow (unless you count the ten million foot long sharks) with the exception of Saturday May 30. Used mostly shrimp and cut bait on traditional two hook bottom rigs and fireball blue fish rigs. Depending on what you are after, there are tons of sand fleas available in the wash.

I did catch the biggest (and only) grey trout I have ever caught. I didn't measure it but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.