NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, we absolutely smoked the pin fish and croakers yesterday and into last night. Bait.
Off one hook and on to another. Caught a few mullet on the small side.

Had a pretty decent shark hookup but the only problem is I was drum fishing.
She sawed through 100 pound mono leader right at the point of having to go in after her.
But the pull was good. Line going in and out in a back and forth battle. It's what I'm here for.
I love the pull.

Didn't get a whole lot of fishing in yesterday. Had some other things going on.

Trying out a new pair of Crocs and I like them. Not sure of the official name but they are from the water Croc family of Crocs. Top of the Croc is a neoprene like material. You have a non adjustable back strap on the ankle and then a velcro adjustable strap over the top of the foot.
Great venting in this shoe. Sand in sand out and they haven't slipped.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Good luck! I haven't heard enough good reports to get me to spend the night surf fishing yet this year but if you do good it might just inspire me. The real question is, how many rigs did you snag last night, and how heavy of lead were you throwing?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last night the surf wasn't rough but it was a relentless 4 second interval.
I didn't lose a single rig but I hung numerous times. Hang a fish and he'll unhang your rig.:)
Using 3's and 4's depending on the rod.

Catching small sea bass now fishing right in the rocks.
We're just playing right now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive had no luck at all here but a tiny ocean perch the size of my palm maybe, nothing else. Gotcha plugs fro,m the pier and nothing, bottom rigs with shrimp for tiny bites. I need to get out in the surf, squid and surf days coming up tomorrow through Friday down at Ft Fisher too, no beach left here by CB pier.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got to get in the rocks. I'm fishing in and around coquina rock formations. The fish are there.
Got into some nice large pig fish yesterday. You'll get the occasional sheepshead fishing with sand fleas.
Black sea bass and croaker. If you fish open water you fishing for pin fish.

You can't be shy of losing rigs and weights.
I lost two yesterday. Last night I snagged both of them at the same time shark fishing. The ocean takes and gives.

But you gotta throw right up in the rocks. It's where the food is.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sharks. Spinners and black tips.
First time I'd ever seen this. A 35 inch ray giving birth after we dragged her up on the beach. The babies were 6 to 8" across.
All rays and sharks released. Can't say that for the bait though.

Getting pictures this time is proving difficult. My first concern is for the fish. If the hook pops right out you can easily get a picture. But when you are getting your hook out and need to also get other people's gear out of the same mouth before releasing it, time is of the essence. Plenty of people standing around taking pictures and videos. Hopefully one will send me something when they get back to Philly , Jersey, or some other northern enclave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.