NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , I am back from Ocean City md. trip. We had plenty of wind, clouds and wind and the wind blew hard. I managed to catch zero fish. 3 skates from the inlet Saturday. Zero from assatague island. Did I mention the wind ? It got the cabin fever off . We had great time while were there for 3 days. We fished night and day.
We probably were there a week or two early for the stripers and bluefish. Talked to many people who were holding onto their hats while fishing. No luck for them either.We were there 4/14 to 18th.
I saw pictures of sharks from Assateague Island caught from the surf last summer. I can't wait 'til June for my shark trip from the surf in NC.
Any news of surf reports down there yet?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Patuna, do they get any cobia from the beach up there? If so I'd drop a bait right on top of the 2nd bar also. As for NC surf reports they can give you yet another case of cabin fever in a couple more weeks, but for now it is slow. The ones you really need to watch are the ones from Oregon inlet North because of the Labador Current. South of there the gulf steam comes into play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sinkerman, no cobia here, only skates and small bluefish so far. I will try again in early May. The stripers and bluefish should start soon. How about the picture of the flying bluefin? That had to be an awesome sight.Thanks for the info for the surf.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I thought seeing a solo sail fish free jumping was awesome til I saw a marlin jump 3 times in 3 minutes while covering about 3 miles; but to see several big bluefin in the air at one time would almost be scary if you were up close. None the less I would love to be right there in the middle of melee. Simply one of the things you never forget.
I knew the majority of the cobia made a left turn up into Chesapeake Bay but I'd be willing to bet some stray a little further up the coast. Same for Tarpon except I don't recall any inside the bay. I know black drum make it past AI to Delaware Bay. Some real monsters have been caught up there. It's a real shame how we've let our fisheries decline though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.