NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ED'S Rules for Speckled Trout Fishing on the Surf

1. Always Fish at Night
2. If you hang a fish LOOK AROUND ....if no one is around you may reel it in...If someone is around ...you might want to break it off....
3. ALWAYS carry a dark colored bucket...white shows up like a lantern down the beach
4. Do not keep your fish in your bucket....maybe in a hole several feet away from your bucket.......That way when someone shows up on you ....you can tell them to check your bucket...
(there are 3 reasons for this .*1..To keep the fish fresh..2..To prevent the cats from stealing them..3..Of course no one will know that you have caught anything..)
5. Never fish in front of your bucket....fish away from your bucket....other fisherman if they think you have caught fish will fish where your bucket is.....
6. ALWAYS wear Dark Colored CLOTHING.....do you really want company while fishing
7. ALWAYS HIDE YOUR VEHICLE.....
8. When you first approach the water ....CAST before STEPPING into the SURF...FISH THE BANK....(the fish might be in shallow water).....If you don't get a hit then EASE ....DON'T SLOSH ....into the water....
9. Only Tell the TRUTH to people who KNOW you are LYING
10. If possible don't use a light to take a fish off....​

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sounds like one of these new soft sided tackle boxes would make a good cooler...LOL...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Next thing ya know they'll make a 100-yard long duck blind, with sand anchors and one end and floats on the other, so you can hide inside it and still fish.

Anybody know where to find a smokescreen generator for my kayak?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Lefty---I am using a window weight for my kayak anchor right now -- I'm considering switching to a live hand grenade for my anchor:D-- Weight is about right and when intruders see me toss it in--they will give me plenty of room when they go by or retreat...and if fishing is bad--pull the pin and see what comes up from the depths for supper:eek:

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Next thing ya know they'll make a 100-yard long duck blind, with sand anchors and one end and floats on the other, so you can hide inside it and still fish.

No but recently I did read about a new cloaking device the military is developing that can make a tank seem invisible - maybe we can sell that to speck fisherman..... Yeah that's it - We'll put it in the eStore :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
some one should have posted this AFORE i hung a speck on the upper obx..

thanks for the heads up...

lefty
i normally use just the boat blind but i do chunk out 2-3 rods just to pass the time...

zooker

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Uh...Hum. PW - you don't have specks at the SCP, so why would you have speck fisherman?!?;););)
She doesn't -- she's got wannabe's.
Besides, all the speck fishermen are at undisclosed locations.

Reactions: fojoloy

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
The speck fishermen are there to throw the dogs off the tracks. Its the times that they are not there that the battle with specks begin.:D

Haven't you ever herd them talking and then say they have to go home or do something else, yep they were clock and tide watching. These old salts know when and where the fish will be at any given time, they chose to hit them with there best shot at skinny water holes that have water only on high tide.

So next time this happens go out the door and follow them to the honey hole.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.