NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fishing the Topsail Surf Challenge this weekend and I'm still trying to figure out where to fish. Does anyone know of any good spots. "the wall" is off limits so I can't fish that. If you don't want to share publicly, feel free to message me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like holes south of handicap ramp on South Topsail, Rocky Mount Street, holes in front of and south of Charlotte Street, and the old road bed on North Topsail.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Drive to North Topsail go past Sea View Pier....you will see a public access with a white picket fence.that is where I would go fishing if I was in that tournament...I hope it helps... good luck

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Head to those spots. It may be a nice impromptu NCA meet and greet?
Doubtful others participating here missed these favorite spots.
Good luck. I hope you bring home some eats and winnings.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Challenger, only folks that have fished TI for 30 years or so would know those spots unless someone told them what and where they are. Chances are if you only started fishing TI in the last 12 years you have never met the judge and there are plenty of green houses. And the dolphin reference....only old timers would know there are two spots miles apart

Personally don't like it when people "spot burn". I figure by only putting what I did I am not spot burning because those that understand what I wrote already know those spots and have already "paid their dues" so I really have not given anything away

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I'll tell anyone my spots for the most part. General area anyway.. The way I look at it, I can't be there all the time. In fact I can't be there way more yonder than I can be.

I club fished many moons ago and one of the biggest turn offs to me was the "it's a secret" mentality. Like they are fishing for 100 grand instead of a purse that wouldn't pay the motel room bill. People come in with lures cut off the lines.
Meanwhile if I got on fish I'd tell folks what I caught them on and have been known to give them a bag of hand dyed worms that I was catching them on.

They still have to catch them. Alot of folks don't know what to do with a good spot when you sit em on it any way. That's just the honest to God's truth right there.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yall helped me...I'll pay it Forward:)

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Challenger, only folks that have fished TI for 30 years or so would know those spots unless someone told them what and where they are. Chances are if you only started fishing TI in the last 12 years you have never met the judge and there are plenty of green houses. And the dolphin reference....only old timers would know there are two spots miles apart

Personally don't like it when people "spot burn". I figure by only putting what I did I am not spot burning because those that understand what I wrote already know those spots and have already "paid their dues" so I really have not given anything away

I hope you don't think I was being critical of you wanting to share information. If someone wants to give out information and help another angler I have no issue whatsoever. My comment was based on the fact that their are a lot of members in this forum and I was just speculating that some may read your reply and try these areas out. In other words one person may ask, and receive, good advice but several may take it and run with it. Judging by the results and posts to this thread I suppose there were not that many from here that fished this tournament.
All that aside it sounded like a good time and the weather could easily have been much worse. The Temps were fine for fishing but I wasn't there and I have no idea how the wind, tides and other factors played with the fishing.
How many signed up?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Heading Down Monday and Tuesday.....trying for a Cobia or Chopper. ..
Slay em. Cobia decked on ocp and possibly a cobia on seaview too. We saw a guy throw it back but my friend saw it floating and it didn't look like a shark so he asked the guy and he said it looked just like a picture of a cobia he showed him. From the end of the pier it sure looked big enough to keep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts