NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why didn't anyone give me a warning? I mean come on now! You get warnings to slow down, warnings of hurricanes, flash floods, tornadoes and all other sorts of weather related storms, warnings from doctors on all sorts of health related topics, warnings on food labels, warnings to keep plastic coverings on clothes from a dry cleaners to keep away from babies and the elderly, warnings from all the politicians on what the other politicians are doing and/or are not doing and all sorts of other warnings the world over...BUT TO MY UTTER SURPRISE ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING WHATSOEVER FROM MY FELLOW NCANGLER.COM BUDDIES/MEMBERS OF THE RISE IN "INLAND FRESH WATER" FISHING LICENSE COST!!!!! Not the Ocean License just the Freshwater Inland License!!! I walked into Eastern Outfitters on Highway 24 on Saturday afternoon with my fifteen dollars in hand when the sweet girl turned around and stated "You do know that the "Freshwater Fishing License" now cost twenty-two dollars don't you Mister Joe"? WHAT??????? Seven dollars more for the same three and a half inch long piece of paper that has the exact same writing on it that all of my other fishing licenses have had on it and not even a free pouch (Like all other states give you with California even giving you a plastic one) to put it in! Oh! To be clear, the state only raised it FIVE DOLLARS, but now the store that sells them to you gets to make TWO DOLLARS by picking up their little magic wand to scan the bar code that will get the license machine to start printing out your license as an administrative cost which might have cost them 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000th of an ounce of energy to produce. But those people that I am more angered at than anyone else are MY BUDDIES RIGHT HERE ON NCANGLER.COM FOR NOT WARNING ME!!! THANKS....BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
In most of the areas that I fish you can see some return for the money invested in wildlife licenses. The rest of the state funds are just pushed into a black hole. The boat fess are another thing let chaps my backside, if the Wildlife fishing regs followed the same criteria you wold have to pay a fee for each rod that you may want to use that year. Why do you need to pay high fees for each boat when you can only be out in one at a time. I would like to have the option of putting a trolling motor on a yak for an occasional long trip, or keeping a car topper with a small outboard handy.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
9,007 Posts
Well, in a couple of years you can get your "senior citizen" all encompassing license. I think I paid 30 for my senior sportsman's license. Basically covers everything.
They just raised that age from 65 to 70 I think. I was looking forward to doing that but now I may be looking 'skyward' before I can.....

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Pfft ....wait until you go to register/sticker a boat now... I almost had a heart attack.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Why didn't anyone give me a warning? I mean come on now! You get warnings to slow down, warnings of hurricanes, flash floods, tornadoes and all other sorts of weather related storms, warnings from doctors on all sorts of health related topics, warnings on food labels, warnings to keep plastic coverings on clothes from a dry cleaners to keep away from babies and the elderly, warnings from all the politicians on what the other politicians are doing and/or are not doing and all sorts of other warnings the world over...BUT TO MY UTTER SURPRISE ABSOLUTELY NO WARNING WHATSOEVER FROM MY FELLOW NCANGLER.COM BUDDIES/MEMBERS OF THE RISE IN "INLAND FRESH WATER" FISHING LICENSE COST!!!!! Not the Ocean License just the Freshwater Inland License!!! I walked into Eastern Outfitters on Highway 24 on Saturday afternoon with my fifteen dollars in hand when the sweet girl turned around and stated "You do know that the "Freshwater Fishing License" now cost twenty-two dollars don't you Mister Joe"? WHAT??????? Seven dollars more for the same three and a half inch long piece of paper that has the exact same writing on it that all of my other fishing licenses have had on it and not even a free pouch (Like all other states give you with California even giving you a plastic one) to put it in! Oh! To be clear, the state only raised it FIVE DOLLARS, but now the store that sells them to you gets to make TWO DOLLARS by picking up their little magic wand to scan the bar code that will get the license machine to start printing out your license as an administrative cost which might have cost them 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000th of an ounce of energy to produce. But those people that I am more angered at than anyone else are MY BUDDIES RIGHT HERE ON NCANGLER.COM FOR NOT WARNING ME!!! THANKS....BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!
Gunny...slow down man! You didnt drink yer third pot of coffee before that post did you?

Gene - Red >X< - Asheboro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.