NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've heard alot about it but never been there. Fresh cut bait, live/cut bream-perch. Fished on "finder" rigs.. Or deep under floats. Standard catfishing stuff.. Think deep water in this heat with shallows only working at night (best time for cats anyway)

Reactions: robert

·
Registered
709 Posts
I haven't heard about any huge cats from my customers. I think they mentioned some in the 10 - 15 lb. range but then again it's been awhile since the discussion. I do know they fish at night off the pier to the right of the boat ramp. Not sure about the bait used. The bigger cats are in the river heading toward the lock and dam. I can tell you there are huge bass in sutton as I've mounted several over 10lb. this year.
Gery

·
Registered
135 Posts
Haven't fished Sutton for cats but have wanted to for a long time. I can tell you we electroshocked it for a research study when I was at NC State and there are some BIG (40+ lb.) flatheads in there. Lots of smaller ones too. Hard to go wrong with a live bream on a fishfinder rig for flatheads. Most of the big fish we shocked were in the deeper holes, although that was in early spring so not sure about this time of year. If you have a boat run slow...the lake is slam full of stumps and assorted "structure". Good luck and let us know if you try it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive heard of huge cats in there from a cat fish charter capt. and alot of other people but never nabbed one yet myself That lake was made by channeling into Cat Fish creek to be flooded, Live bream on fish finders and hit the 30 foot hole in the back corner from what i am told.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have fished there for about a year mainly in the spring lots of bass 4 lb+ about every trip. Have not tryed for catfish about have seen several 10 lb+ blue cats caught, may go this weekend in my canoe and try. Got a new bass reel from Basspro this weekend dying to try it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.