NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site, just stumbled on when I googled "Flounder Sutton Lake" I have been fishing Sutton for about 15yrs and had seen what I thought to be flounder beds, but just disregarded it because it seemed crazy. Nope it's for real. Went fishing yesterday and today the typically great spring bass fishing and to my surprise what I thought was atleast an 8lb largemouth that just wouldn't come to the surface was a 5lb flounder! on a pumpkinseed lizard no less! Wild!! I actually thought I was losing it when I was staring at it on the end of my line. WOW. Caught 2 bass under 2lbs and one 3lber on a shallow crank and carolina rig lizard.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party! That brackish water holds many surprises!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was on the way out I realized I had left my phone(has camera) in the truck. Wouldn't have kept it, I gig about once a month and keep my friends and I pretty stocked with flounder a few quite larger than that one. Just really surprised to catch it after fishing that lake for years - I literally used to fish Sutton 2-3 times a week years ago and never saw a flounder. Used to always fish large spinners and big cranks all of the time there though because they seemed to trigger hits from bigger bass when nothing esle would. Speaking of Topsail, used to live there and walked the south end with my lantern and gigged - man i miss topsail, absolutely the best beach in NC in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.