NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me out with a map of sutton lake? ive been out there alot and know the area fairly well but a map would be a huge help. i know there is one that was in nc sportsman, but i dont have the issue. I have also heard something about a map available from progress. if anyone has a map it would be much appreciated if you could send it to me or link me to it. If anyone has any information that may help me out there, I am open to hear that too...:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was looking for a map also and never found one online what I did find was:"A contour map of Sutton Lake showing approximate depths, the location of the old creek channel, and the dike system is available from CP&L by writing: L.V Sutton Steam Electric Plant, Route 6, Box 46, Wilmington, NC 28405, or Wilmington District Office, 401 N. Front Street, Box 1110, Wilmington, NC 28402". May be this will help I have not sent off for the map myself let me know if you get it. I did go on goggle maps and look at the satellite map of the lake and it is really good. If you are looking for submerged structure that may not be what you need but its still pretty cool.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Sorry about the last post, for some reason I saw Sheron Harris on that post, man its true that the mind is the first to go, Now I know I have a case of CRS.

Tight lines <*)())))>{

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am mainly interested in the depths and the location of the channel and also some of the holes around the dikes and what not. have a general idea from fishing out there but it would be nice to visualize it all. the aerial photo isnt really what i need im looking for more of a topographic type map. the USGS topo quads for the area do not feature the lake so it seems this map from the plant or the map that was published in ncsportsman are the only two available resources...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is a few years out, but this is what i found googling lake sutton. http://suttonlakenc.net/map/map.pdf How's the fishing there? I live about 1.5 hrs away and I'm thinking about going there.

can anyone help me out with a map of sutton lake? ive been out there alot and know the area fairly well but a map would be a huge help. i know there is one that was in nc sportsman, but i dont have the issue. I have also heard something about a map available from progress. if anyone has a map it would be much appreciated if you could send it to me or link me to it. If anyone has any information that may help me out there, I am open to hear that too...:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fishing is great out there usually people tend to fish with carolina rig but usually fishing slow works best even in the summer and winter months. The biggest bass I caught out of there was a little over 11 lbs fishing a football jig just dragging it slowly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.