NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decide to try my luck at Sutton Lake again for bass. Got there about 6am to find that a club tourniment was going on. I have a canoe no motor yet so me and my son(5) made our way slowly across the main lake I managed to catch 5 bass on top water Pop'R about 2-3 lbs before getting mobbed by tourniment boats. I paddled around a why then decide to try the hot ditch and caught one more bass about 1 1/2 lbs on a fluke. At the mouth of the ditch we decide to anchor for few minutes and saw some fish breaking surface. At first I thought it was huge largemouth bass but to my shock it was not. It was stripers looking 15-20 lbs I had only heard about them in the lake before, they started chasing bait and coming completely out of the water. I through my Fluke at them but no luck, I don't know what to us for stripers? The only stripers I have caught were at Falls Lake Beaver Dam on spinner baits looking for largemouth the few month I was there back in 1999 from a kayak which is long gone.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Caught a striper from a kayak, huh? Sounds like fun...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Keep a few simple clark spoons in the box. Stripers love a flashy spoon in gold or chrome, try both...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.