NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished Sutton lake since the weather has turned colder? I know the fishing really struggled there this past year, I know a lot of the guys I fish with quit going there for most of the last year and I'm curious if it would pay off to make a trip down there and try to pull a few to the boat. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I fished sutton once last month and once this year. I'm not good with catching cold water bass and I still was able to put eight in the boat a couple weeks ago. That was considerably bad because I watched everyone around me wear them out so the fish are there and they're biting. On the warmer day they were chasing tiny bait and that's how I snagged a couple. Used goldfish colored flukes and a silver husky jerk. Trying to get good with that thing. Water isn't hot anymore like it used to be but oh well. I also heard from some guys that some big ones were being caught in lake 3. Gave it a shot and found what looked like a good drop off and structure to fish but like I said, I suck and didn't catch anything. Buddy of mine and I are headed out there Monday hoping the warm rain turns them on. And hopefully it's not crowded. Maybe I can be like the guys I've been seeing lately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.