NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out on Sutton lake recently? I am thinking about putting in tomorrow....today looks like rain all day. I have the fever and Sutton is the closest place to my house. Let me know if anyone has any recent Sutton luck or tips!! Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have not been on Sutton since early Feb, and that was the first time ever that I zeroed there. I fished a tournament out of New Bern yesterday and I over heard some guys saying there was a tournament on Sutton yesterday as well. I don't know this to be a fact, just what I heard. Did you end up going? If so, how did you do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did go out there yesterday evening and fished from the dock and bank for awhile. There wind had kicked up and there were only a few boats out when I was there. Didn't catch anything but had fun trying. I think I might be able to head back there this weekend and try again from the boat.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yes it is on par with harris and falls for the size of limits that can be produced. it is a very popular winter bass hole. every few years it has a bad turn and the fish get rather unhealthy. i think the current condition is a start of returning from one of these bad turns. winning weights are a bit lower than a few years ago and the fish are still skinny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts