NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a beautiful morning as we motored through the blow-outs looking for some hungry flounder and trout . using gulp ripple mullets and mud minnows it didn't take long before the bite was on and we ended up with 12 flounder and a nice 19 inch speckled trout . some of you might notice Bobby has not been with us on the last several trips as he is going through cemo and rediation treatments for lung cancer . he is doing good and should be through around the end of july so he can rejoin us on the water . keep him and his wife in your prayers as he battles this !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
a beautiful morning as we motored through the blow-outs looking for some hungry flounder and trout . using gulp ripple mullets and mud minnows it didn't take long before the bite was on and we ended up with 12 flounder and a nice 19 inch speckled trout . some of you might notice Bobby has not been with us on the last several trips as he is going through cemo and rediation treatments for lung cancer . he is doing good and should be through around the end of july so he can rejoin us on the water . keep him and his wife in your prayers as he battles this !!!
12 keeper flounder?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mr C, did you see any schools of menhaden? I was out along slade creek, fortescue creek, and abel bay on Saturday and did not see a single school. It makes me a bit concerned about the old drum season, although still early on yet.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mr C, did you see any schools of menhaden? I was out along slade creek, fortescue creek, and abel bay on Saturday and did not see a single school. It makes me a bit concerned about the old drum season, although still early on yet.
sure didn't but they should start showing up very soon . how did you do on the pungo ?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Curtis, you are my hero. You seem to pull fish out of the most desolate of waters. When I grow up, I hope to be just like you.

In the meantime, I'll continue to keep this forum informed on all the places the fish AREN'T, and all the things the fish aren't eating.

We all have a role to play, I guess! ;)
you are to kind to be a monster lol , but i am very serious about fishing and probably got it from my dad years ago . i try to learn something new on every trip and i don't mind sharing info with my friends and i consider everyone on nc angler my friend even tho i've never met most face to face . hope we will meet on the water one day .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.