NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the back waters around swansboro sunday, and the redfish bite was on fire to say the least. It took a couple hours to locate the fish but once everyone found them, it was on! We got in on a school of a couple thousand reds and it was absolutely incredible. Almost had an over slot jump into the kayak with me!!! Definitely one of the more premier fisheries in NC!!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Glad you got into some fish, was out around there yesterday, nothing in the morning. Sadly had to leave around noon when the slack high tide hit. Had a feeling on the outgoing it would heat up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill be out there next weekend as well. The fish were tucked way up in the thick grass and shallow ditches on the outgoing, it was any mans game, you'd have to have been blind to miss them. Awesome day to say the least!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We saw you guys wearing em out over there... We were the two guys in a canoe.....just couldn't find our way thru that maze. Looked like you guys were using popping corks???
We transitioned to popping corks just to switch things up after wearing them out on Gulp. the only thing they weren't really taking were hard baits. A guy near us was even getting them to blow up on a topwater.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found ShellRock on Saturday. Arrived at about 9am and didn't see many boaters. Few kayaks but not what I expected for a kayak trail. Then a few hours later ppl started to arrive. I had to leave by noon so it looks like that should have been my arrival time.
I didn't get a single bit and I fished a lot and paddled around quite a bit.
I might take a half day tomorrow and get there after lunch. I really need a nice Red!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where do you guys usually fish off shell rock rd? I have pushed back up Queens creek and have explored some of the maze mentioned in an earlier post between the ICW and Bear Island. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
shell rocks not swansboro ;) just sayin nice job on the reds by the way they moved out of the spot they were hasnt been a drum there in 2 days now from what im told too many found out plus the water temps pushed them back out i think.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone have some recommendations for redfish up around Swansboro? I can't get out during the week (except tomorrow I can) so I don't have as much time to scout. I was thinking of pushing from Shell Rock over towards Bear Island. Also if anyone wants to join Ill be at the Shell Rock ramp as close to 930 as I can...If my gray taco is there and the green native is gone, come find me. I'll most likely have my orange flag up. Hope to see someone out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.